Thursday, October 13, 2005

Project CENTRL

So today I'm starting Project CENTRL. It is a two year leadership program that I refer to as being similar to the national guard because it's one weekend a month... Although we don't get to drive around in humvees and shoot guns. Project CENTRL goes from October to May each year and we travel around the state to learn about rural Arizona issues and learn new leadership skills (or at least fine tune the ones we have). I'm looking forward to it but I'm a little nervous because of the other 29 people in the class... They are so smart and really know their stuff. It intimidates me a little!! So today at four I am heading to the hotel to start the program. I'm curious about all the stuff I will be learning over the next two years and all the people I will meet. I'm not sure where this will lead for me but I know that is will be really good for me in the long run.

So I'll keep you posted on the program. I am looking forward to the two trips the group takes. They take one each year during the May month (the last month) and it's for a week. Normally they visit another state for a week the first year and then DC for the second year. This year, however, they are going to Ciudad Obregon, Mexico for the first year and then to DC the second. It will be great fun!

No comments: