Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Fall may be upon us

Even though it is past Labor Day and it is suppose to be fall. It is still over 100 degrees here. All I can say is where is the a/c button for Earth? I spent the most of the holiday weekend sitting by the pool. It was nice to sleep in and catch up with family and friends.

I went to house sit this week for some people and their horses are going to cause me some great stress. I went to turn them out last night and one of them jerked the rope out of my hands causing me to have rope burns and a couple blisters, then this morning I couldn't get them to go in their stalls and the same one that tore up my hand tried to bite me. I just have to make it to Sunday...

I'm headed to Yuma tomorrow for a meeting in the evening with my members. I love to hang out with them. Even though it's work I enjoy spending time with them. Too bad I couldn't do it all the time. I am however, starting a new adventure starting next month. I was excepted to Project CENTRL- a two year leadership program that my work sponsors with other organizations. I'm looking forward to learning all that I can about rural Arizona and the people and issues that are there.

I saw a funny quote to day that I will leave everyone with..." Expecting life to treat you well because you are a good person is like expecting an angry bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian." Shari R. Barr.

No comments: