Friday, February 10, 2012

Sliding Doors




Do you ever think about what would have happened if you had made a different decision in life and where you would be? It could be a big one like moving to a new city, picking a different college, saying yes to a job or marrying someone else. It's like the movie Sliding Doors with Gwyneth Paltrow where it depicts her life if she makes the train and what happens or if she misses the train.




It's like a compass, if you are just a smidge off in the beginning you are great distances off at the end. I've been contemplating that the last few months. Were would I be if I hadn't stayed in Arizona? What if I had not applied for the position at Farm Bureau, what if I had said yes to this and no to that?




I think of regrets I have in decisions I have made but find joy in the people I have met along the way and the things I have learned but I wonder what or where I would be in life if I had changed one decision. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my life and have been blessed with amazing friends and family but am curious if I would be standing in a hole in some field or building today if I had majored in archeology instead of animal science in college.




I know God has a plan for me and I take comfort in Proverbs 20:24 "A person's steps are directed by the Lord. How then can anyone understand their own way?" I know I will walk out of this shadow of doubt in my life.

No comments: