Wednesday, June 29, 2005

4th of July

I think 4th of July is my favorite holiday. I love fireworks!!! I remember as a kid, Dad and I would go down town and park on the street to watch the fireworks. We could have stayed at grandma's house but she didn't have a great view of where the fireworks were shot off at. Mom never like fireworks so she would always stay inside. We would hurry back from church camp just to try and see the fireworks. We would tune the radio to the local station to listen to all the patriotic songs being played. I loved it!!!

Now that I live in AZ, our church does a huge concert in the park and then shoots off about 30-45 minutes of fireworks. It's soo much fun. I look forward to it all year long. At home we would have home made ice cream and hotdogs or hamburgers. Here it's so hot that we just have a hotdogs or hamburger and sit in the pool.

I always think of the veterans and those who have died for us on this holiday. We are so blessed that people have died for our freedoms that we take for granted. I just want to say thank you to all who have served to guarantee that we still have the freedoms that we wanted when we became a country.

That being said... Have a great 4th and God Bless America!!!

Liz

No comments: