Friday, June 10, 2005

Toads in disguise

So I spent the last week in Cincinnati, OH for a conference for work and I did not realize how much fun you could have in Ohio. Myself and several other people from other states (mainly TX, IL, NC and IN) would spend the evenings hanging out at a local pub or bar and just talking about events and things going on in the world. We did catch a great game between the Reds and the Devil Rays on Wednesday night. It was bobble-head night for Wily Mo Pena and he ended up winning the game for the reds.

On the way back to phoenix I had to fly through North Carolina. I'm not sure why I had to fly to the east coast from the center of the country to get to Phoenix in the west but I'm not in charge of flying airplanes. So I ended up trading my seat so a lady (total toad) could sit with her kid. I didn't want to have to share my space. (Toad definition is one who takes up their space and yours). So I moved from the front of the plane to the rear where upon my arrival I realized I gave up my aisle seat for a center seat. Not a happy person. But the bright side was that the two people on either side of me were extremely small so I knew I would not have any toad problems.

Just a hint for you all.... just because they need to eat a burger or two (too small) does not exempt them from toad status. The dude next to the window took his space and most of mine on the 4.5 hour flight back. The girl next to me took her space and mine as well. Lesson learned- Do not assume that since they don't take up much space that they won't take up yours!!!

1 comment:

Theatrelady said...

Liz- you crack me up..I had a similar situation flying back from california. That's why no toads are allowed:) Glad you had a good time at the conference